Friday, August 28, 2015

Romani Lady

Romani Lady (Acrylic on canvas 48"x38"x1.5")
by Herbert Chow


To purchase original artwork, please email me at:
RubiconMFA@outlook.com

To purchase prints and associated products:

I am inspired by the intense and mesmerizing stare of Romani dancers during performance. Of course, nobody else can do that better than the great Gypsy Queen, Carmen Amaya. In this painting, I try to incorporate determination, rhythm, sensuality, drama, intensity and shrewdness into the lady’s eyes. The veil accentuates her attractive eyes and red lips. The abstract background symbolizes flowing music and rapid motion of dance steps.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Herbert,

    A very beautiful painting! The theme of this painting involves a mystery ... A woman partially hidden by the veil.

    I have a painting with the same theme and with a woman with veil also blue! (I painted in 2012). Please if you are interested,
    I would appreciate if you saw my painting, I just rebloged it:
    https://plus.google.com/s/Woman%20with%20blue%20veil%20T%C3%A2nia/posts
    or you can see at:
    http://taniabrazil.com/2014/05/01/the-woman-with-blue-veil/
    Congratulations for publishing a post with "Romani woman" painting!

    All the best,
    Tânia.

    ReplyDelete