Monday, June 15, 2015

Sweltering Corn Field

To purchase original artwork, please email me at:
RubiconMFA@outlook.com

To purchase prints and associated products:
http://herbert-chow.artistwebsites.com/featured/sweltering-corn-field-herbert-chow.html

Sweltering Corn Field (Acrylic on Canvas 35"x25"x1.5")
by Herbert Chow


Sweltering Corn Field with a summer theme is the second painting in this series. Sometimes I just want to draw without thinking what I am putting on the canvas. This is just one of those occasions. I increase the temperature of this painting by using a lot of red, yellow and black paints. I don’t know about you, I feel my temperature rising just looking at it. The corn plant shows green husk on the left, a tassel on the top right and a mature yellow ear of corn in the center. I have fun using an abstract theme to convey the feeling of heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment