Sunday, October 11, 2015

Pillow Talk


Pillow Talk (Acrylic on Canvas 25" x 48" x 1.5")
by Herbert Chow


Visit me at the following sites -

Original art work   
https://www.artfinder.com/product/pillow-talk/

Prints and other products    
http://herbert-chow.artistwebsites.com/featured/pillow-talk-herbert-chow.html

Pinterest
Email   

I was sitting quietly in the backyard enjoying a serene and tranquil Saturday morning. A rapid, chirpy, undulating but melodic warble from a songbird caught my attention. Peeking over the fence, I saw a warbling vireo talking softly to its mate in my neighbor’s yellow rose bushes. The romantic moment gave me goose pimples.

In “Pillow Talk”, the male vireo obviously has a captive audience whispering a love song into the ear of his partner. The female turns her head and responds with an attentive stare in a very romantic way. The abstract silhouette of an old oak tree and surrounding luscious green shrubs add high contrast to the yellow vireos and yellow roses in the foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment